We are really pleased with the quality of all the reviews we have received from King Edward’s students so far. The College wishes to thank all of the students who have taken the time to submit reviews so far. The College has used all of the reviews this year for our Quality Improvement Plan.
Learning and Support:
Based on what students have told us about Learning and Support, we are taking the following actions:
1) A more uniform approach to MOODLE to create a minimum standard, with a focus on topics instead of teachers.
2) Workshops are being more clearly advertised to students.
3) There is a greater focus towards mental health awareness across the College.
Employment and Careers:
Based on what students have told us about Employment and Careers, we are taking the following actions:
1) A greater focus on students who are not intending to apply for university.
2) More frequent promotion of the college careers service.
Based on what students have told us about Facilities, we are taking the following action:
1) We opted to give students tablets so they have wider computer access and currently a third of the cohort are involved – this will increase significantly by September 2016.
Based on what students have told us about well-being, we are taking the following actions:
1) The student voice enrichment group and student voice co-ordinator are continuing to have regular meetings with the catering company to improve standards of catering and provision.
2) A friendship group for students has been embedded into induction two to help less confident students settle into college life and have support from peers.
Recommendations to be deferred at this stage:
1) Enrichment and sporting facilities: we offer a large range of sports and enrichments and we couldn’t financially offer anymore.
2) The library: it isn’t practical or financially viable at this stage to make changes.