Thank you to all of our students who have taken the time to post a review of Westminster Kingsway College so far. Your views are extremely important to us, and will be used to inform our future planning. We are really pleased with the quality of feedback you have given.
In 2015/16 based on what you have told us, we have already taken forward a number of actions, which are outlined below. These actions will be further developed and built on throughout the year. We will publish an updated response in the summer term.
- – Students wanted quick and cheap meals at KXC and Victoria.
- – A new counter has been installed in KXC that just serves food such as pizza chips curly fries and chicken/ribs. This has been a huge success and students are very happy with this service.
- – The Victoria canteen has recently moved into its new space in the Atrium and serves food prepared by the hospitality students which has been well received. Prices are reviewed termly.
- – Students wanted quieter spaces to study when in the library (LRC) at KXC. The noise from the atrium was affecting this. As a result the main entrance has been moved from directly in front of the atrium to the side. This has reduced the noise level in the library.
- – Students wanted an improved LRC in Victoria. As a result more PC’s were installed in the current new space, the College Executive Team moved out of their offices to create more space for books for students and we are about to launch a new self-issue Laptop machine outside the LRC which will enable students to have access to 60 new laptops for use around the college.
- – A disabled student raised at a recent class rep meeting that they could not raise their classroom table which impinged on their studies. A table was purchased that was suitable for the student needs, which has enabled him to fully participate in class room activities.
- – We have brought in the ‘show, tap and wear’ policy to ensure that only authorised student staff and visitors enter into our premises, as some students were not feeling safe when in College
- – Students in Victoria wanted an update on the building works. The building works have now been completed with just a few final touches remaining. The College apologies for the inconvenience this has caused many students.