The purpose of moderation
- We would like as many people as possible to submit their own reviews and to comment on other people’s reviews. We want to keep the site as open as possible and we will try to include all opinions. However, the reviews must fit in with some basic rules to protect the site from abuse.
- Moderation is intended to ensure that the LOOP is a fair and safe space for everyone. Moderation is not intended to censor or suppress your views.
Our approach to moderation
- Comments on the LOOP will be pre-moderated. ‘Pre-moderation’ means that comments will not be published instantly; they will first be checked by moderators.
- The LOOP team will always aim to moderate content added within a 24 hour period during the working week. Reviews added over the weekend or bank holidays will be moderated on the first subsequent working day.
- If the review that you have submitted to the site does not appear on the site or it is removed it means that the LOOP team felt that the review does not comply with the terms and conditions of use.
- Where possible we will contact you to explain why your review did not fit with the guidelines, which suggestions of how the content could be re-phrased so that it can appear on the site.
- The LOOP team will sometimes edit content before it appears on this site. We will only do this to make reviews more understandable or easier to read. We will not change the substance or meaning of reviews that have been submitted.
- When submitting a review on the site, please ensure that your comments:
- are respectful of others
- don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other characteristics
- don’t reveal personal details such as private addresses, phone numbers or email addresses
- don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and breaking copyright
- don’t mention individuals’ names – including teachers, other staff and students
- are reasonably concise and not spam
- are in English
- are relevant
- We reserve the right to reject or delete reviews that breach these guidelines.
- We reserve the right to suspend comments at any time. Please note we are not responsible for the content of third party websites.